No products in the cart
Energy Increasing Peptides
People lack energy because of a lack of stamina, endurance, power, and strength. And they crave energy to keep working without feeling exhausted or tired. Defining the best peptides for fuel impacts the biochemical processes required to promote stamina and well-being and reduce fatigue or tiredness.
Classification of the Best Peptides for Energy
The body needs energy for the optimal function of organs and areas. Therefore, energy will be divided into the following groups:
- Energy for the sexual drive – Desire
- Energy for cellular processes – Endurance and Stamina
- Energy for mental activities – Alertness and Concentration
- Energy for hormonal functions – Strength and Power
- Energy for sleep – All of the above
Just as the human cells and organs rely on each other for optimal body function, the energies classified above depend on each other as well. The energy in one category can depend on the point in another for optimal body function and total wellness.
The Best Peptides that Provide Energy for Sexual Drive
The newly discovered melanocortin system is responsible for the regulation of sexual energy. Binding various natural peptides to one or more of the five variants of melanocortin receptors will activate arousals and copulatory behaviors.
- Melanotan II: Melanotan and Melanotan II are the prerequisites of PT-141. These peptides can enhance sexual arousal and desire for sex. Melanotan and Melanotan II were earlier identified as synthetic melanocortins.
- PT-141: Also, Bremelanotide, the most famous peptide for enhancing sex desire. The peptide is one of the best for sexual drive because it binds to melanocortin 3 and 4 receptors. The results are enhanced sexual desire and arousal for sex—the activities of PT-141 following benefits like boosted blood flow to the genitals.
The other best peptides for sexual energy include: Kisspetptin-10, GHRP-6, Fragment 176-191, NAD+, ACE-031, GHRP-6, MOTS-c, KPV, Oxytocin, AICAR, etc.
The Best Peptides that Provide Energy for Cellular Functions
The human body contains over a hundred billion cells. Each cell’s energy-producing powerhouse is included in each cell, termed Mitochondria. Mitochondria break down food and convert oxygen into biochemical cells—ATP cells utilize for power.
Mitochondria is the power-producing plant of a cell that produces energy for the optimal function of the human system. By optimizing the mitochondrial function, we can achieve a healthy balance of energy. The best peptides to accomplish this healthy energy balance include MOTS-c, AOD-9604, and BPC-157.
- MOTS-c: The peptide is a mitochondrial-derived peptide related to mitochondrial communication and energy production. MOTS-c induces energy balance by boosting mitochondrial efficiency, producing more cellular energy for optimal body function. The peptide enhances exercise capacity, reduces metabolic stress, increases lean muscle mass, and induces fat metabolism.
- BPC-157: The energy levels of a person change when they become ill. They lose the ability to carry out physical activities or exercise. Therefore, one way to boost energy levels is by inducing rapid healing. BPC-157 with full regenerative potential and with an ability to induce healing. Thus, BPC-157 is one of the best peptides for energy because it increases energy production by inducing rapid healing processes in the body.
- AOD-9604: The peptide is a fragment of the human growth hormone. AOD 9604 is one of the best peptides for energy because it binds to 𝛃-3-adrenergic receptors, thereby increasing the rate of metabolism to release the energy required to break down excess fat. Despite AOD9604 activities, it does not impact insulin or IGF-1 levels in the body.
These are but a few of the best peptides for cellular energy.
The Best Peptides that Provide Energy for Mental Activities
Mental energy is simply the capability to engage in cognitive work and function optimally to mental tasks. Although there are drugs like Adderall that function to boost mental energy, it has side effects and only aids certain groups of people. Because of its vastness, we can not cover the factors necessary to sustain mental alertness and concentration. We only consider a few peptides that increase mental energy in this context.
- Semax: is the synthetic equivalent of the adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH). Semax increases the neurotrophic factor of the brain in the Central Nervous System. It is a nootropic peptide that reduces chronic stress and promotes motor activity. In addition, semax can enhance physical energy.
- Selank: Selank is a peptide with anxiolytic and synthetic features derived from Tuftsin. It enhances the production of brain-derived neurotrophic factors (BDNF) in the central nervous system. By making the brain efficient and reducing baseline anxiety, Selank boosts focus and attention span. Therefore, increasing mental energy.
The Best Peptides that Increase Hormonal Energy
Hormonal energy is the energy required to stabilize hormonal functions and maintain metabolism. Among the lots, the growth hormone is one of the most important hormones that increase hormonal energy. The following are peptides that function to boost GH:
- GHRH Agonists: Peptides like CJC-1295, Mod-GRF, Sermorelin, and Tesamorelin are the best peptides for the sustained increase of GH, resulting in the rise in hormonal energy. These peptides improve bone strength, enhance lean muscle mass, reduce fat mass, increase immune system function, enhance wound healing, reduce inflammation, and etc. These GHRH agonists collectively function to strengthen energy, well-being, and overall performance.
- Growth Hormone Secretagogues (GHS): The growth hormone secretagogues like the GHRP-2, GHRP-6, and Ipamorelin. Ipamorelin are almost identical to GHRH agonists but function through a different mechanism of action. For instance, they impact food cravings and hunger, modulating the types of food an individual consumes.
The Best Sleep Peptides
Adequate sleep is one of the potent boosters of energy. However, getting sufficient rest in most cases proves slightly tricky. Some peptides act indirectly and directly to improve the quality and quantity of sleep. They include: Epithalon, DSIP, Sermorelin, and Ipamorelin.
- Ipamorelin: The peptide increases stage 4 and REM sleep, promoting concentration, memory, learning, and mood.
- Delta Sleep-Inducing Peptide (DSIP): It encourages slow wave sleep and suppresses paradoxical sleep. It maintains standard sleep patterns and modulates the sleep cycle. During chronic insomnia, DSIP decreases sleep latency and induces sleep efficiency.
- Epitalon/Epithalon: The peptide impacts melatonin and boosts the synthesis and secretion rates of melatonin. Thus, making epitalon a vital modulator of the circadian rhythms.
- Sermorelin: The peptide enhances the secretion of orexin by impacting the GHRH receptor, inducing rapid sleep onset, restful, and deeper sleep.
This research article proves that the best peptides for energy are definition dependent. However, most of these are research peptides and have not been approved or vetted for human compatibility.
Scientists can experiment further to determine the potency of these peptides and their human compatibility.
- Dorr RT, Lines R, Levine N, Brooks C, Xiang L, Hruby VJ, Hadley ME. Evaluation of melanotan-II, a superpotent cyclic melanotropic peptide in a pilot phase-I clinical study. Life Sci. 1996;58(20):1777-84. doi: 10.1016/0024-3205(96)00160-9. PMID: 8637402.
- Molinoff PB, Shadiack AM, Earle D, Diamond LE, Quon CY. PT-141: a melanocortin agonist for the treatment of sexual dysfunction. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003 Jun;994:96-102. doi: 10.1111/j.1749-6632.2003.tb03167.x. PMID: 12851303.
- Lee C, Kim KH, Cohen P. MOTS-c: A novel mitochondrial-derived peptide regulating muscle and fat metabolism. Free Radic Biol Med. 2016 Nov;100:182-187. doi: 10.1016/j.freeradbiomed.2016.05.015. Epub 2016 May 20. PMID: 27216708; PMCID: PMC5116416.
- Vukojevic J, Milavić M, Perović D, Ilić S, Čilić AZ, Đuran N, Štrbe S, Zoričić Z, Filipčić I, Brečić P, Seiverth S, Sikirić P. Pentadecapeptide BPC 157 and the central nervous system. Neural Regen Res. 2022 Mar;17(3):482-487. doi: 10.4103/1673-5374.320969. PMID: 34380875; PMCID: PMC8504390.
- Ng FM, Sun J, Sharma L, Libinaka R, Jiang WJ, Gianello R. Metabolic studies of a synthetic lipolytic domain (AOD9604) of human growth hormone. Horm Res. 2000;53(6):274-8. doi: 10.1159/000053183. PMID: 11146367.
- Medvedeva EV, Dmitrieva VG, Povarova OV, Limborska SA, Skvortsova VI, Myasoedov NF, Dergunova LV. The peptide semax affects the expression of genes related to the immune and vascular systems in rat brain focal ischemia: genome-wide transcriptional analysis. BMC Genomics. 2014 Mar 24;15:228. doi: 10.1186/1471-2164-15-228. PMID: 24661604; PMCID: PMC3987924.
- Volkova A, Shadrina M, Kolomin T, Andreeva L, Limborska S, Myasoedov N, Slominsky P. Selank Administration Affects the Expression of Some Genes Involved in GABAergic Neurotransmission. Front Pharmacol. 2016 Feb 18;7:31. doi: 10.3389/fphar.2016.00031. PMID: 26924987; PMCID: PMC4757669.
- Raun K, Hansen BS, Johansen NL, Thøgersen H, Madsen K, Ankersen M, Andersen PH. Ipamorelin, the first selective growth hormone secretagogue. Eur J Endocrinol. 1998 Nov;139(5):552-61. doi: 10.1530/eje.0.1390552. PMID: 9849822.
Disclaimer: The products mentioned are not for human or animal consumption. All the information shared in this article is for educational purposes only.
Dr. Usman (BSc, MBBS, MaRCP) completed his studies in medicine at the Royal College of Physicians, London. He is an avid researcher with more than 30 publications in internationally recognized peer-reviewed journals. Dr. Usman has worked as a researcher and a medical consultant for reputable pharmaceutical companies such as Johnson & Johnson and Sanofi.