Pal AHK is a peptide also termed Palmitoyl Tripeptide-3. The peptide is synthetic and can be administered with other peptides or individually. Pal AHK peptide is a collagen synthesis enhancer and an anti-wrinkling, anti-aging peptide.
Experiments on Pal AHK prove that the peptide can activate fibroblast production through its interaction with transforming growth factor-𝛽 (TGF-𝛽). Due to the peptide’s ability to enhance collagen production and reduce aging and wrinkling, it is adopted in producing anti-aging, anti-wrinkling, skin improver, and cosmetical products.
Regardless of the peptide’s unmatched medical benefits and functions, it is undergoing review for its ability to enhance collagen synthesis, hair growth, wound healing, skin tightening, skin rejuvenation rate, and wage-off effects exerted by aging on the skin.
The Medical Benefits and Functions of Pal AHK Peptide
- Pal AHK peptide is associated with palmitoyl fatty acid molecules. This fatty acid feature makes AHK soluble in fats. Due to this, the rate at which Pal AHK peptide penetrates the skin increases and increases its absorption by cells. Pal AHK present in the skin activates the production of TGF-𝛽.
- The activation of fibroblast production in the skin by Pal AHK peptide boosts the extracellular matrix (ECM) synthesis in the skin. The extracellular matrix (ECM) is a complex network of minerals and extracellular macromolecules. It is dominated by enzymes, elastin, glycoproteins, collagens, and hydroxyapatite, responsible for providing biochemical and structural support to the surrounding cells. By increasing the extracellular matrix (ECM) synthesis in the cell, Pal AHK peptide also increases the production of ECM components, increasing cell-to-cell attachment and communication, cell growth, cell movement, skin appearance, and skin strength.
- Experiments prove that Pal AHK peptide can modulate the synthesis of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF). Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is a signaling molecule activated in the production of new blood vessels. By enhancing vascular endothelial growth factors, Pal AHK also boosts the production of new blood vessels in the skin, enhancing skin rejuvenation and hair growth. Increased vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) by Pal AHK peptide also allows for increased blood supply to the skin, making the skin a supple and younger outlook.
- The vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) also prevents disease conditions such as macular degeneration, diabetes, and cancer. The vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is an angiogenic factor known to influence angiogenesis by paving the way for endothelial cell proliferation, migration, and permeability. By increasing the production of VEGF, Pal AHK peptide also enhances the prevention of cancer, macular degeneration, and diabetes while preventing cardiac and cardiac-related diseases.
- The production of new blood vessels improves wound healing by depositing the injury site with collagen. This is due to the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF). Therefore, increasing VEGF by Pal AHK peptide will increase the wound healing process. It is vital to note that in a clinical setting, the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) exhibits mitogenic, chemotactic, and permeability effects. These may be useful for improving the regeneration and repair of non-healing wounds following diabetes and artery occlusive diseases.
- Pal AHK peptide can increase VEGF production and contribute to modest visual improvement—averaging about two lines of vision. Generally, a low number of sight-impaired patients can fully regain their sight.
- When Palmitoyl is added to AHK, it increases the penetrating rate of Pal AHK peptide in the cell membrane. Thus, increasing collagen production and its level in the human body.
- Pal AHK peptide minimizes muscle contractions, therefore, decreasing and inhibiting the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. In turn, reducing the prevalence of spots with age as well as improves skin texture, skin tone, and skin smoothness.
- Oxidative stress (free-radical attack) is one of the causes of reduced hair growth and hair loss. Pal AHK peptide can decrease hair loss and enhance hair growth by decreasing oxidative stress. Due to the reduction of oxidative stress by Pal AHK peptide, dihydrotestosterone formation in the scalp follicles increases. The inhibition of oxidative stress by Pal AHK peptide is done by boosting superoxide dismutase production. As a result, it mitigates the damaging effects of oxidative stress.
The Aftermaths of Prolonged Pal AHK Peptide Administration
Pal AHK peptide boosts the synthesis of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF). Therefore, the prolonged administration of VEGF can cause the hypersecretion of VEGF in the blood. Arterial thromboembolic effects like stroke, hypertension, myocardial infarction, kidney disease, proteinuria, bowel perforations, gastrointestinal perforations, reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy syndrome, wound complications, and hemorrhage, may arise as a result.
Pal AHK is a research peptide/chemical limited to educational and scientific purposes, not for human consumption/use.
Disclaimer: The products mentioned are not for human or animal consumption. All the information shared in this article is for educational purposes only.