Collagen type I is present in the bones, muscles, and skin. Type III collagen, on the other hand, is present in the skin, vascular system, and lungs. By increasing Type I and Type III collagen, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 improves wound healing, skin strength, the vascular supply to the skin, and skin hydration.
The human skin contains a variety of cells and tissues. Fibroblasts are among the most commonly occurring cells in the skin. The main function of these cells is to produce collagen proteins. With age, the number of active fibroblasts and levels of collagen decreases. A decline in the levels of collagen leads to the appearance of signs of aging like wrinkles.
Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, on the other hand, functions similarly to Thrombospodin-1. It stimulates transforming growth factor-induced collagen degradation.
The Medical Benefits and Functions of Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5
- TSP-1 is a naturally occurring peptide that increases TGF-𝛃 activities. Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 exhibits the same characteristics as TSP-1, increasing Type I and III collagen levels in the dermal (skin) fibroblasts. Experimental results show that Syn-Coll increases Type I and III collagen levels by 2-3 folds above the normal levels. This lasts for approximately 72 hours, after which it begins to diminish.
- TSP-1 is known as an extracellular matrix (ECM) protein. It cohabits with collagen and elastin in the skin. A specific part of TSP-1 is harvested for use in Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 production. This part stimulates latent TGF-𝛃.
- Just like TSP-1, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 functions to enhance wound healing. It is active in the post-natal development of skin structures.
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 also deactivates matrix metalloproteinases I and III (MMP1 and MMP3). Matrix metalloproteinases are enzymes that act to degrade collagen. These enzymes are beneficial, as they recycle collagen following aging, but they’re uncontrollably hiked in conditions like inflammation to abnormal levels. Due to this, premature skin damage, the prevalence of lines, wrinkles, and other aging helmets, may surface.
- In terms of skin, cosmeceutical science aims to promote skin health. Skin health is improved by increasing collagen synthesis or decreasing collagen degradation. Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 increases collagen synthesis by approximately 119%. Due to this, wrinkle appearance reduces, skin firmness increases, and fine lines decrease, causing the skin to appear younger and healthier.
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 not only reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, but it may also aid in reducing toxins in the body. Syn-Coll interacts with the skin and keeps toxins out. This process protects the body from the damaging effects of free radicals.
- By inhibiting MMP1 and MMP3 activity, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 can help to prevent collagen breakdown. These results suggest that Syn-Coll can promote Type I and Type III collagen formation and inhibit collagen breakdown by the abovementioned enzymes.
- In terms of wrinkle reduction, Syn-Coll is approximately 3.5 times more effective than a placebo. According to scientists, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 is 60% more effective than Palmitoyl Pentapeptide.
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 alters the effects of photo-aging damage.
- Syn-Coll also rarefies the appearance of pores.
- The peptide increases skin texture and enhances skin elasticity and firmness.
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 functions as an anti-stretching peptide. It is also cold-processible.
- Syn-Coll moisturizes, protects, and restores the skin to its perfect tone.
The Adverse Effects of Syn-Coll (Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5)
- Even though experts are still reviewing Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, no negative effects have been documented. No reports of allergic reactions, toxicity, sensitivity, or hormone disruption exist.
- Anti-aging products irritate those with sensitive skin. Itching, redness, and stinging at the application site are all common skin reactions. However, suppose any of these side effects occur. In that case, the patient should be referred to a dermatologist to determine whether Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 causes them and whether alternative treatment options are available.
Syn-Coll, also termed Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 or Tripeptide-5, is a peptide that enhances collagen Type-I and Type III production and inhibits its degradation. The peptide also reduces the prevalence of wrinkles and increases the firmness and moisture of the skin. Syn-Coll performs all these functions by activating transforming growth factor-𝛃. Syn-Coll also inhibits collagen degradation by stimulating transforming growth factor-𝛃 induced via TSP-1.
Syn-Coll (Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5) is a highly effective anti-aging and wrinkle-reducing peptide. This peptide/chemical, on the other hand, is only for educational and scientific purposes and is not meant for human consumption or use.
Disclaimer: The products mentioned are not for human or animal consumption. All the information shared in this article is for educational purposes only.