Research suggests that Leuphasyl can inhibit impulse signals at the neuromuscular synapse. Due to this, muscle tone and contraction reduce drastically which then reduces the prevalence of wrinkles and fine lines. Leuphasyl has similar effects as botox. Nonetheless, Leuphsyl is preferred to Botox because it is applied as a lotion rather than as an injection. While leuphasyl reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, it is vital in conditions induced by muscle spasms, such as migraine headaches.
The Medical Benefits and Functions of Leuphasyl (Pentapeptide-18)
- Leuphasyl is the synthetic equivalent of enkephalins, which are endorphin peptides that regulate nociception in the human body. The peptide may also affect mood/behavior, movement, neuroendocrine functions, and pain perception.
- Leuphasyl blocks electrical impulses at the neuromuscular junction, the synaptic space between a motor nerve terminal end and a muscle. Consequently, leuphasyl, like Botox, reduces muscle tone and contraction, causing wrinkles and fine lines to be less likely to appear.
- Leupahsyl reduces wrinkles by 28% to 34.7% in animal models, and scientists believe that the peptide is more effective than Botox at reducing wrinkles and fine lines. Because of this property, Leuphasyl is very appealing in cosmetics but also in medical cases involving muscular spasms such as migraine.
- Leuphasyl (Pentapeptide-18) attaches enkephalin receptors to nerve cells, releasing acetylcholine into the synaptic gap. Leuphasyl induces Ach release by modulating synaptic vesicle fusion directly. Following the release of Ach, Leuphasyl binds to Ach receptors and causes muscle cramps, at which point Pentapeptide-18 enters the picture to inhibit the reaction.
It is unclear how Leuphasyl accomplishes this, but it functions to reduce the prevalence of wrinkles and fine lines around the areas of the eyebrows, corrugator supercilii muscle and the preorbital zone while interfering with neuromuscular signaling.
- Pentapeptide-18 can reduce the prevalence of wrinkles by 28% to 34.7 percent, whereas Botox only reduces wrinkles by 2% to 9%. This demonstrates that Leuphasyl is a more effective wrinkle-reducing peptide than Botox.
- An in vivo experiment by Dr. Howard Maibach, a Professor of Dermatology at the University of California, demonstrated that after 28 days of administering Leuphasyl, 5% of Leuphasyl singularly reduced 11% of wrinkles. In addition, 5% Leuphasyl combined with 5% Argireline reduced wrinkles by approximately 25% on average. Rounding up to a 45 percent average.
- The mean wrinkle reductions for Leuphasyl, Argireline, and their combination were 11.64 percent, 16.26 percent, and 24.62 percent, respectively. In this context, Leuphasyl works to prevent the formation of as many wrinkles as possible, while the attached molecules—GHK-cu and Argireline—help reduce the lines that form.
- Pentapeptide-18 is preferred over Botox because it is available in cream form for topical use. In vitro experiments, as opposed to Botox, can only be administered by trained medical personnel via injections at specific sites. Leuphasyl, in the cream form, is preferable due to its ability to penetrate skin cells.
- Leuphasyl (Pentapeptide-18) can be a vital ancillary for developing more potent pain-control medications as its existence may result in improved treatment for migraines and pain following headaches.
- Leuphasyl (Pentapeptide-18) can improve blood microcirculation. The peptide has the potential to improve blood circulation. More so, Leuphasyl acts to reduce inflammation.
- Leuphasyl aids the prevention of pouches and the reduction of fine lines and crow’s feet around the eyes. It can help to postpone the effects of premature aging by improving skin elasticity and firmness.
- In addition, pentapeptide can hydrate, protect, and smooth the skin.
Cosmetic Products of Leuphasyl
The following are a few cosmetic products of Leuphasyl peptide;
- Hydropeptide Face Lift: It strengthens the skin’s defenses while it protects against aging spots and environmental stress, improves skin health, and promotes firmness.
- NuGene Eye Serum: This is a product of leuphasyl produced to correct and prevent the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, puffiness, dark cycles, and dryness. It gives a glow to the areas of the face affected by aging, the eye region specifically.
Leuphasyl, termed Pentapeptide-18, is a potent anti-wrinkling peptide. The peptide can penetrate skin cells and cause a decrease in the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. While leuphasyl reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, it is more useful in conditions induced by muscle spasms, such as migraine headaches.
Leuphasyl is a research peptide limited to educational and scientific purposes, not for human use or consumption.
Disclaimer: The products mentioned are not for human or animal consumption. All the information shared in this article is for educational purposes only.